Warm-up your spirit fingers, lace up your sneakers and inspire a group of girls to be strong and healthy. Teams of volunteer coaches facilitate our easy to follow curriculum with groups of 8-15 girls over the course of 10-12 weeks. Amidst the conversation, laughter, hugs and energy awards, you will witness transformational change in the girls and don’t be surprised if you realize that you are positively changing as well! The program may end in 12 weeks, but for our coaches and girls, the finish line is just the beginning. Ready to make a difference and encourage girls to realize […]
– The After-School Tutoring Program is seeking work study eligible students who have afternoon availability, a desire to work with children, and strong organizational skills to fill open work study positions. You’ll work closely with an outstanding group of volunteers and directly with children grades K-12 from the Lewisburg School District at two local affordable housing complexes. You must be 19 years of age or older and willing to get certified to be a student university driver. Please contact Troy Swinehart at email@example.com for questions or to set up an interview, or stop by the Office of Civic Engagement in […]
– The Spring Community Service and Involvement Fair will take place on January 24th from 5:30-7:00 in the Terrace Room. We have 40 agencies attending from hospitals to animal welfare agencies. – Take the Plunge! The Polar Bear Plunge will take place on February 4th at 2:00 pm at the St. George Street ramp. Sign up to plunge here. The Polar Bear Plunge benefits the Lewisburg Downtown Partnership. – Volunteers and groups are needed to help set up at 2:00 pm and serve the weekly dinner meal at 5:00 for Community Harvest every Monday at St. Andrew’s UMC Church (102 […]
-Volunteers are needed for a volleyball tournament fundraising event Lewisburg High School (815 Market St., Lewisburg, PA) on November 1st. Volunteers will help run the 9th grade food concession stand and possibly refereeing some of the games. Volunteers should arrive at 6:00 and are needed until 9:00 pm. Please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org. – Turkey and Trimmings Basket DUE DATE November 15th!! Help us reach our goal of providing a basket for 120 local families. Baskets should include enough items that would feed a family of 4. Suggested items are stuffing, potatoes, canned vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, and a gift card to a […]
– Volunteers are needed at the Lewisburg Community Garden! Volunteer hours are each Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00. The garden is located at 208 N Water St (intersection of North Water Street and St. Anthony’s Street in Lewisburg). If you have questions about today or future garden volunteer opportunities, please contact Scarlett Littman at email@example.com. This opportunity is within walking distance of campus. -Volunteers are needed for a volleyball tournament fundraising event Lewisburg High School (815 Market St., Lewisburg, PA) on November 1st. Volunteers will help run the 9th grade food concession stand and possibly refereeing some of the games. Volunteers should arrive at 6:00 and […]
Volunteers are needed at the Lewisburg Community Garden! Volunteer hours are each Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00. The garden is located at 208 N Water St (intersection of North Water Street and St. Anthony’s Street in Lewisburg). If you have questions about today or future garden volunteer opportunities, please contact Scarlett Littman at firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity is within walking distance of campus. Girls on the Run is looking for some coaches! We are an after-school program teaching girls to be joyful, healthy and confident while creatively integrating running into their lives. They will be able to walk or run a […]
– A local CSA farm could use some help with outdoor clean up and other outdoor tasks. Times and days flexible for small groups or individuals. The farm is located about 10 minute drive from campus. For more information please contact Joe at email@example.com or 570-523-1681 – Essex Place, an local afterschool tutoring program at affordable housing complex needs tutors to do homework help with children. Tutoring time is 3:00-5:30 pm. Transportation is provided. Clearances must be completed prior to any tutoring can take place. If interested contact Troy at firstname.lastname@example.org – On Friday, October 7th, volunteers are […]
– Break out of the Bucknell Bubble! Break Away . . . and immerse yourself in a unique learning opportunity. Consider using your Thanksgiving, winter, spring, or summer break to make a difference and do something different. Join us at the Alternative Break Fair from 12 – 1 pm and 4:30 – 6pm, Wednesday, September 14, Arches Lounge, 3rd Floor, Langone Center. – Student volunteers are needed to help set up and tear down for the biennial Kid’s Market Sale at the Christ’s Evangelical Lutheran Church on S 3rd St. on September 28th from 6:00-8:00 pm and Saturday, October 1st […]
– Volunteers are needed on September 11th at 6:30 am, to help Girls on the Run of the Greater Susquehanna Valley. Volunteers will be assisting with the Lewisburg Hilly Half Marathon to direct runners and help at the water stations. For more information or to sign up please contact Cheryl Stump at email@example.com. – Like children? Consider becoming a tutor for the afterschool Meadowview and Essex Place program. Tutoring takes places 4 afternoons a week. Visit here for more information. Transportation is provided. Please contact Troy Swinehart at firstname.lastname@example.org – Donald Heiter Community Center is looking for Bucknell students to […]
Interested in traveling with the Bucknell Brigade? Please plan to attend an interest meeting! – Tuesday, September 6th, 12 noon-1:00 pm in ELC 214A-D – Thursday, September 8th, 7:00 pm in Bertrand Library (213) Traditional Reading Room – Sunday, September 11, 7:00 pm, in Bertrand Library (213) Traditional Reading Room For more information about this program, please visit here.
The following links are virtual breadcrumbs marking the 12 most recent pages you have visited in Bucknell.edu. If you want to remember a specific page forever click the pin in the top right corner and we will be sure not to replace it. Close this message.