**If you are interested in receiving regular emails about upcoming service events and opportunities, click here.**
– The Fall Community Service Fair is on September 3rd from 5:30-7:00 in the Terrace Room. Attending this event counts as an FYIS! Come and talk with local organizations about their volunteer opportunities.
– The Alternative Break Fair is on September 15th from 12:00-1:00 and 4:00-6:00 in Arches Lounge (3rd Floor ELC). This event will showcase a number of the service trips that take place during different breaks. Attending this event counts as an FYIS!
– The Lewisburg Community Garden needs volunteers to assist in weeding, harvesting vegetables and other gardening tasks. Interested volunteers should contact Kevin Zuidervliet at firstname.lastname@example.org. The garden is within walking distance from campus!
– Volunteers are needed to assist with many aspects of the Locavore Dinner, a fundraiser for the Lewisburg Community Garden. The dinner is on September 14th but volunteers are needed September 13th and 14th. Please visit here to sign up.
– Community Harvest, a weekly hot meal program, needs assistance with (1) set up and cooking help on Mondays from 2:00-4:00 p.m and (2) groups or individuals to serve the meal at 5:00 each Monday. Transportation can be arranged if needed. Please contact Lynn at email@example.com.
– All students who wish to apply to travel with the Bucknell Brigade service-learning trip to Nicaragua in January or March 2014 must attend one of the following meetings (all in the Gallery Theater, Langone Center):
September 14th @ 1:00 pm
September 18th @ 6:00 pm
September 21st @ 7:00 pm
The ONLY way to get an application for the Bucknell Brigade is to attend one of these three sessions so mark your calendars today. To learn more about this trip, click here.
– If you have federal work study in your Financial Aid package, please consider earning those funds while working at a local agency or non profit. To find more about this exciting program, please visit here.