– Consider putting together a Turkey and Trimmings Basket for a local family! This basket (or other sturdy container) should have items like canned vegetables, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. Please include enough to feed at least a family of 4. These baskets are due no later than November 18th to the Office of Civic Engagement (119 Bertrand Library). For more information please visit here.
– Like Pottery? Help at 100 Bowls! Our goal is to make 100 bowls on Saturday, November 15th from 12:00-5:00 pm for this year’s Empty Bowls Banquet in March, 2015. Empty Bowls is a nonprofit organization that raises money to help fight hunger in the local area. Please contact Abby Schell, email@example.com to sign up for one or two hours on a wheel!
– Volunteers are needed on November 18th at 4:30 pm to help organize the turkey and trimmings baskets for delivery. This organizing takes place in the Office of Civic Engagement (119 Bertrand Library). Interested, please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Volunteers with vehicles are needed to help deliver the Turkey and Trimmings Baskets to the local agencies on Wednesday, November 19th and Thursday, November 20th during the day. If you are interested, please contact Lynn at email@example.com
– Volunteers are needed on December 3rd from 4-6pm at at the CWC food pantry, located at 363 Stamm road in Milton. Please arrive 20 minutes early for a short instruction. Please wear close toe shoes and dress warm because during distribution the doors are opening a lot and it’s hard to keep the rooms warm this time of year. If anyone is interested please have them contact Alissa at 570-428-2288
-Volunteers with vehicles are needed to help deliver gifts from the Giving Tree to local agencies on Monday, December 8th and and Tuesday, December 9th during the day. If you are interested, please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Kids of the Kingdom Day School at Faith Lutheran Church in Lewisburg (on 45 across from Brookpark Village) needs volunteers on Friday, November 21st from 5:30-9:30 and Monday, November 24th at 11:00 am. Volunteers must have their clearances. To sign up, please contact Lori Smolleck at email@example.com