– The Office of Civic Engagement is planning a spring break trip to New York to help with Super Storm Sandy recovery efforts. We will only be able to take 14 volunteers in the expedition from Saturday, March 7, to Saturday, March 14. We will be rebuilding damaged houses so that displaced families can come home. No experience is necessary.
If you are interested in this trip, please consider attending an INFORMATION SESSION 4-5 pm, Thursday, January 29 in Walls Lounge. If you have additional questions, please let me know.
See https://sites.google.com/a/bucknell.edu/bu_drt/SRT for more details.
*Application deadline is Friday, February 13.* To apply, go to http://goo.gl/forms/fCGX5lxWri
– The Alumni Association is hosting a T-Shirt Design Contest for our Bucknell CARES program (Clubs Annual Regional Events of Service). We’re looking for a design that embodies Bucknell’s commitment to community outreach and service. The winning design will be featured on t-shirts given to Bucknellians throughout the country who participate in our Regional Community Service Events. If you enjoy designing with computer or pen, please enter! All Contest Rules are listed on the Regional Clubs Community Service Website. Designs are due by January 30, 2015 at 4 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Volunteers are needed to assist with various aspects of the Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday, February 7th from 12:30-4:00 p.m. The plunge is downtown at the St. George Street ramp (5 minute walk from campus). To sign up to help please contact Lynn at email@example.com and indicate if you can stay the entire time or just partial.
– If you would like to jump in to the Susquehanna River and take the Polar Bear Plunge on February 7th , please visit http://www.bucknell.edu/PolarBearPlunge.xml to register for the event.
– The Eastern County Food Bank located in the Baptist Church at 51 S. 3rd Street in Lewisburg will need assistance the first and third Fridays of each month from 1:30-3:30 delivering groceries from the pantry of the church to the patrons in their cars.