– Mark your calendars for the Fall Community Service Fair!! (Counts for FYIS credit) onWednesday, September 2nd at 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM in the Terrace Room. Speak directly to local non-profit representatives and student service organizations in need of volunteers and connect with student clubs and organizations focusing on service. Some agencies in attendance include Farm Animals Rescue of Mifflinburg, Lewisburg Community Garden, local YMCA’s and many more! Questions- Contact Lynn Pierson, Assistant Director for Community Service at email@example.com
– The Bucknell Greenhouse (4th floor of the Biology Building) needs assistance washing planting pots, plant care, landscaping help and watering assistance, on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays from 9:30 to 1:00 p.m. To sign up for more information please contact Wanda Boop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Volunteers are needed to help at the concession stand during Lewisburg Football games on 9/11, 10/2, 10/16, 10/22, and 10/30. Volunteers need to arrive at 5:45 pm to the concession stand for instructions. To sign up contact John Shaw at email@example.com.-Volunteer hours for the Lewisburg Community Garden will be each Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00. The garden is located at 208 N Water St (intersection of North Water Street and St. Anthony’s Street in Lewisburg).If you have questions about today or future garden volunteer opportunities, please contact Matt Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Girls on the Run are looking for volunteers to serve as coaches for the upcoming semester starting on September 14th. This program takes place each day after school starting at 3:00/3:30 at a local schools. They will be meeting with up to 15 girls per 2 coaches. The sessions are 1 1/2 hours ending around 5:00. They will have a curriculum book to work from, but basically they will be playing with the girls, talking with them and exercising/running with them. If you don’t have transportation, you can volunteer at a school within walking distance. Coaches are expected to arrive 10 minutes before students are dismissed for the day. For more information or to sign up to be a coach, contact Ali Stevens at email@example.com. To find out more information about Girls on the Run, please click here.
– Volunteers are needed to help serve the weekly free Monday meal at Community Harvest (102 Lower Market Street, Milton). The meal is served at 5:00 so volunteers should arrive not later than 4:45 and everything wraps up around 6:30 p.m. Want to come earlier to help with the food prep or set up at 2:00? No problem! Contact Matt Varner for for available dates, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation can be arranged if need be.
-Are you looking for a meaningful job that will give you practical skills and allow you to network with people off campus? If you are on financial aid and eligible for a work-study position,why not consider a Community Service Federal Work Study position where you can get paid to assist others? These jobs involve working for local non-profit and government agencies where your contribution can make a real difference. Interested? Check the postings on the Bridge to find out what local organizations are in need. Perhaps you can help at the same time you are earning money and valuable skills. Lisa Landis in the Office of Civic Engagement, ldl006, 577-3973, 119 Bertrand Library, can help you with any questions and place you in the position that best suits your interests