– Lewisburg Community Garden will resume Tuesday and Thursday open volunteer hours from 4:00-7:00 each Tuesday and Thursday. Volunteers do not need to stay the whole time. The Lewisburg Community Garden is located at the corner of North Water Street and St. Anthony’s Street. To sign up for volunteer hours, please contact Matt Varner at email@example.com.
-Lewisburg Dragons Running Club is looking for student groups/organizations/or individuals to help with practices (Practice: Fun group warm-up, run/walking at own pace. Goal is to have kids run/walk at least 4 laps (1 mile) at each practice, although, by the end of the season many kids will run much more.) Background checks must be completed prior to the practice dates below. Students that participate will adopt a session which would mean leading warmup stretches or running drills, running the track with kids, and cool down stretches.
Dates: April 17th and 24th from 3:00-4:00. Pratices take place at Lewisburg Pawling Athletic Complex, 1 Fairground Rd, Lewisburg, PA Interested? Contact Miriah Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org
-April 16, BUFFALO VALLEY RAIL TRAIL CLEAN UP, Sat, 1-3, Earl’s Bicycle Store on Fairground Road next to the Rail Trail. We will meet for pizza and snacks at 1pm. People will get geared up and assigned to different parts of the trail. Closed toed shoes are recommended. Participants will be eligible for prizes. To sign up, please contact Sam Pearson at 570.523.0114 or email@example.com
–April 23, LEWISBURG ARTS FESTIVAL RIVER AMBASSADORS, Sat, 10-5, along Market Street in Lewisburg, from 7th Street to the River. The theme of this year’s festival is the River! Take a shift as a river ambassador for the day and help to encourage people to make it all the way to Soldiers Memorial Park. You will be promoting the River Town Selfie Scavenger Hunt that will incentivize festival goers to explore the full range of festival venues along Market St that day. We would like to get people to help out for 2 hour shifts between 10 and 4pm. Pairs of people will be posted in a couple spots along Market. To sign up, please contact Sam Pearson at 570.523.0114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
–The Lewisburg Arts Council is in need of volunteers to help with setup and breakdown on Saturday, April 23. The morning setup is particularly important – it’s what really makes everything work for the Festival! Please email Della at email@example.com to sign up.
In the morning, starting at 8 am, we’re looking for people to:
– set up tables and put out chairs in four locations (most important)
– put plastic tablecloths on the tables
– distribute booklets to specific locations throughout town
– hang banners and signs
Those volunteers would meet Sarah Bell at the information gazebo (intersection of 4th and Market Sts., in front of the bookstore) just before 8 am on the 23rd.
In the afternoon, starting at 5 pm, we’re looking for people to:
– remove tablecloths and clean up tables
– break down tables and chairs in four locations
– collect booklets and signs
– help clean up information gazebo, and take items to Arts Council storage
Those volunteers would meet Sara Kelley at the information gazebo (intersection of 4th and Market Sts., in front of the bookstore) at 5 pm on the 23rd.