– Break out of the Bucknell Bubble! Break Away . . . and immerse yourself in a unique learning opportunity. Consider using your Thanksgiving, winter, spring, or summer break to make a difference and do something different. Join us at the Alternative Break Fair from 12 – 1 pm and 4:30 – 6pm, Wednesday, September 14, Arches Lounge, 3rd Floor, Langone Center.
– Student volunteers are needed to help set up and tear down for the biennial Kid’s Market Sale at the Christ’s Evangelical Lutheran Church on S 3rd St. on September 28th from 6:00-8:00 pm and Saturday, October 1st from 11:30-1:00 pm. To sign up contact Brooke Persing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– On September 17th volunteers are needed to help at the Lake Augusta Wine and Brew Festival at the Sunbury Riverfront Park. Volunteers are needed to help lead bus tours (just making some short announcements during the bus tours) from 12:30-4:00, help with ticket sales and other tasks from 11:00-1:30. Volunteers other than the bus tour help must be 21 years of age or older. To sign up, please contact Dawn at 570-286-7768.
– Are you interested in the medical field or like working with people? Geisinger Medical Center in Danville is seeking volunteers for a variety of different roles and opportunities! Volunteers must have clearances completed and any applicable training before volunteering can begin. Please note, volunteers need to provide their own transportation.For more information please contact Diane at email@example.com.
Donald Heiter Community Center is looking for Bucknell students to help with their afterschool program. DHCC is within walking distance from campus. Please visit their website or contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Volunteers are needed to help serve the weekly free Monday meal at Community Harvest (102 Lower Market Street, Milton). The meal is served at 5:00 so volunteers should arrive not later than 4:45 and everything wraps up around 6:30 p.m. Want to come earlier to help with the food prep or set up at 2:00? No problem! Contact Scarlett Littman at email@example.com for available dates. Transportation can be arranged if need be.
– Volunteer hours for the Lewisburg Community Garden will be each Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00. The garden is located at 208 N Water St (intersection of North Water Street and St. Anthony’s Street in Lewisburg).
If you have questions about today or future garden volunteer opportunities, please contact Scarlett Littman at firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity is within walking distance of campus.