-Volunteers are needed for a volleyball tournament fundraising event Lewisburg High School (815 Market St., Lewisburg, PA) on November 1st. Volunteers will help run the 9th grade food concession stand and possibly refereeing some of the games. Volunteers should arrive at 6:00 and are needed until 9:00 pm. Please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Turkey and Trimmings Basket DUE DATE November 15th!!
Help us reach our goal of providing a basket for 120 local families. Baskets should include enough items that would feed a family of 4. Suggested items are stuffing, potatoes, canned vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, and a gift card to a local store for a turkey. Weis cards are sold in our office! Feel free to include additional items, including more food, linens, and decorations. Program website:http://www.bucknell.edu/x4689.xml. Want us to do the shopping for you? Send your monetary support to or stop in the Office of Civic Engagement and please indicate which program you would like to support.
-The Union County Historical Society and the Merrill Linn Land & Waterways Conservancy are seeking volunteers to assist with a fall cleanup at the Dale-Engle-Walker property, 1471 Strawbridge Road, outside of Lewisburg on Saturday, Nov. 12 from 9 am until noon. The site is about 4 miles from campus. The work will include trimming brush on the trail, fall raking and winter prep. Hand tools, gloves, and light refreshments are provided. Wear closed toe footwear—no sandals. The Bucknell community has always been a great help for these twice annual cleanups. To help us plan, please contact us by November 1st of your willingness to assist: email@example.com.
– Lewisburg Neighborhood Corp will hold a rail trail clean up on November 12th from 1:00-3:00 pm. The meeting site for that is at Earl’s Bike Shop adjacent to the Rail Trail at Fairground Rd. That’s 1.5 miles from campus, so about 20-30 minute walk or a 10 minute bike ride away. For more information contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The Lewisburg Arts Council is looking for individuals to help with our Silent Art Auction and Sale and Silent Auction on Friday, November 4, from 4:45 to 10 (in shifts) to help transport, organize, display, and sell artwork that benefits the Arts Council. The auction/sale is being organized this year by Cynthia Shaffer, interested students should email is: email@example.com.
– Kids of the Kingdom Day School, 2349 Old Turnpike Road, Lewisburg, PA, needs volunteers to babysit for their Parents Night Out on November 11th from 6:00 to-9:30 p.m. Additional Skills: PA Criminal Background and PA Child Abuse Clearances required. To sign up contact Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Giving Tree will be up in the Bertrand Library lobby on November 4th at 8:30 am! Stop by the tree and select a gift tag request for a local resident. We have gift requests from local people aged 1 month to 100 years old. Gift are due back to our office by November 30th!
-The Giving Tree goes up on November 4th. Volunteers are needed to sit at the tree to help with tag sign out. Please sign up here.
– Seeking students that would be excellent candidates for the competitive Shepherd Summer Intern program! These students who have possibly learned about poverty and social justice in their classes, want to make a difference in the world. They should be willing to work in challenging community settings, be open-minded critical thinkers who can commit to spend two months this summer serving and learning at an organization that is trying to create change.