– The After-School Tutoring Program is seeking work study eligible students who have afternoon availability, a desire to work with children, and strong organizational skills to fill open work study positions. You’ll work closely with an outstanding group of volunteers and directly with children grades K-12 from the Lewisburg School District at two local affordable housing complexes. You must be 19 years of age or older and willing to get certified to be a student university driver. Please contact Troy Swinehart at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to set up an interview, or stop by the Office of Civic Engagement in Bertrand 119.
– On February 4th, volunteers are needed to assist with registration and organizing participants for the Polar Bear Plunge starting at 12:30 pm at the St. George Street Ramp. The plunge and clean up will last until about 2:30/3:00 pm. Please contact Lynn at email@example.com
– Drivers are needed to deliver donation items to several local agencies next week. The agencies are between a 5-15 minute drive from campus (so 10-20ish minute round trip). Drives must have their own transportation. Please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Take the Plunge! The Polar Bear Plunge will take place on February 4th at 2:00 pm at the St. George Street ramp. Sign up to plunge here. The Polar Bear Plunge benefits the Lewisburg Downtown Partnership.
– Volunteers and groups are needed to help set up at 2:00 pm and serve the weekly dinner meal at 5:00 for Community Harvest every Monday at St. Andrew’s UMC Church (102 Lower Market Street, Milton PA) in Milton. Serving and clean up is finished around 6:45/7:00 p.m. Please contact Scarlett at email@example.com
-Art Sale fundraiser, Saturday, Feb. 4 in the former CVS building at the corner of 3rd and Market Streets downtown, sponsored by the Lewisburg Arts Council.Setup will start at 11:30, and the sale runs from 1 to 4, with cleanup afterward. We can also use a few people at 11:15 to help carry items from our office space across the street.We realize this falls over the Polar Bear Plunge, but we hope people can spare some time. The proceeds go to support the Celebration of the Arts, the Arts Festival, the Sidewalk Chalk Festival, Stroll Through the Arts, Music in the Park, and arts scholarships for high school students. To volunteer or to ask any questions, please contact Sara Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Male mentors are needed for Team Thrive for local middle school students. Please read more about the Thrive program here: http://teamwethrive.org/. For questions or more information, please contact Will at email@example.com
– Volunteers are needed for the Chocolate Festival on Tuesday January 31, 2017 from 10 AM- 3 PM we need help unloading all of the STUFF for the festival and stetting up tables and chairs. We need volunteers to come directly to the Lewisburg Hotel. We need 4-6 helpers. Saturday, February 4, 2017 from 5 PM- Midnight we need 10 helpers with the Chocolate Festival at the Lewisburg Hotel. Helpers will be serving food, helping to sell raffle tickets, cleaning up trash, and helping to clean up at the end of the night. Interested volunteers can email Andrea Tufo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-524-5000