Volunteers are needed to sit at the Giving Tree, a program where Bucknellians can purchase gifts for local residents, starting on November 3rd. The Giving Tree is located in the Bertrand Library lobby. To sign up visit here.
The Lewisburg Neighborhoods Corporation is doing a clean up on the railroad tracks on Sunday, November 12, from 2 to 4pm.
We will meet in the Kidsburg section of Hufnagle Park, near St Louis St and the railroad tracks. For the event, we have special permission to be on the tracks (it is otherwise a federal offense to trespass on their right-of-way) and we will be picking up litter along the railroad and also along creeks and in other public spaces in the Borough.
Attendees should dress for moderate mess. Avoid wearing fleece or knit sweaters as they catch burrs. Close-toed shoes are recommended. Gloves, bags, and snacks will be provided. For more information, or to sign up contact the LNC at email@example.com or 570-523-0114.
Buffalo Valley Recreation Authority has a number of volunteer needs:
Rail Trail Cleanup: Saturday, November 4th at 10am
- Our Fall trail cleanup will start at 10 am. We anticipate being done around noon to 1pm. We encourage groups to bring a car so we can send people out on the trail. We are meeting at Earls to coordinate and give out snacks. I would like to get a couple groups of people would could help us prune and trim back weeds.
- Volunteers should wear closed toe shoes, and long sleeved shirts and pants. We will provide gloves and trash bags.
- Interested volunteers should email Sarah Biddle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event is our main fundraiser for the Buffalo Valley Rail Trail. This is a halloween themed 5k or 10k. Volunteers are needed to help register runners, manage road crossings, and help time the race. This is a very fun event to work. Volunteers will get snacks and leftover t-shirts.
- Link to volunteer sign up form:
- Need volunteer or judicial hours. Painters are needed weekdays between 10am and 3pm. Please contact Stacey Sommerfield if you are interested. email@example.com. The location is walkable from Bucknell and many hours are available.
The Historical Society and Linn Conservancy have chosen Nov. 11 for the fall cleanup at the Dale-Engle-Walker property (1471 Strawbridge Rd. Lewisburg). We will begin at 9am and finish by noon. Work will involve chores around the house such as raking leaves and perhaps some work along the Dale’s Ridge Trail. Students should wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals) and dress for the weather. We will provide gloves, tools and refreshments. Those interested should contact Jeannette Lasansky ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Nov. 6 so that we have an idea of numbers and can plan our day.
The Milton YMCA needs volunteers to staff their Friday night children’s and teen’s programming from 6:30-9:00 pm. Activities include crafting, dodgeball and dancing. Volunteers are needed every Friday night. Please contact Sanja Singh (email@example.com) to sign up or for questions.
Help us reach our goal of providing a basket for 120 local families. Baskets should include enough items that would feed a family of 4. Program website: http://www.bucknell.edu/x4689.xml. Remember you can purchase the gift card from our office and it benefits the Bucknell Brigade in Nicaragua! Baskets are due November 14th!
The Giving Tree will be up in the Library Lobby on November 3rd at 8:30 a.m.!
Each year we have gift requests from local agencies such as, Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village, Children’s Choice, CMSU, CONCERN, Danville State Hospital, Elmcroft Assisted Living, Essex Place, Haven Ministries, Meadowview, Milton Developmental Service, Milton YMCA, Riverwoods, Rolling Hills Manor, Salvation Army, Sunbury YMCA, Union County Children and Youth Services and various animal welfare agencies.
DUE DATE FOR GIFTS is December 1st
Program website: https://www.bucknell.edu/x4685.xml
Volunteers must have current clearances. To sign up to volunteer, contact Terri at Terri.firstname.lastname@example.org